We offer a number of funding opportunities for laboratory-based and clinical researchers :
- a competitive annual call for research grant applications. Normally, grants will be available for project grants of one to three years duration that also includes pump-priming grants of up to one year and support for PhD studentships. However, the types of award being offered may change depending upon the priorities and available budget of the charity. More information can be found on the Apply now page.
- due to budgetary constraints, we are not currently able to support Clinical Research Training Fellowships through our partnerships with the Medical Research Council or the National Institute for Health Research
- a limited number of infrastructure grants to help accelerate the translational path to clinical trials, including support for patient registries, natural history databases and clinical trials coordinators.
- alternative funding approaches to support research for a number of the very rare conditions (fewer than 500 patients in the UK), which may include establishing international research partnerships – please contact us if you wish to discuss an approach for a very rare condition.
- in exceptional circumstances we will consider an application outside the grant round that will be subjected to a peer review similar to those of the annual grant round.
- we encourage researchers to contact us should they have specific proposals that would require programme grant funding over a longer period or for a larger project than would fit within the normal project grant funding. If this were to lead to a full programme grant application this would be subject to a rigorous peer review process similar to that of the annual grant round.
Please contact our Research team at Researchgrants@musculardystrophyuk.org with any queries about our grant schemes, funding available or your grant application.